14 January 2009

ebay makes me cry

So I listed a laptop on ebay. That was my first mistake. I can see why people do the ebay thing full time, cause it's a pain in the rear to get something listed.

Once listed, I was exposed to all the world has to offer - quite literally. Foreign buyers galore asking all kinds of questions, wanting to know if I would ship overseas (I provided no overseas options for a reason), accept other payment methods like wire transfer (umm, how about no), if I could get the package to a certain location by X date (naturally not enough time for the payment to clear). *sigh*

On the plus side, hopefully the final buyer will complete payment and my one foray into ebay can finish a very educational death. Craigslist is paradise by comparison. At least there I'm offered a straight up trade for a used mattress or an old single room air conditioner...you know, something of real value.

No comments:

Post a Comment